Sunday, August 29, 2010

Freewrite

Free writing is a great way to start a paper. Start by writing for 15 to 20 min about anything or whatever subject that applies. Don't worry about grammar or what your putting down. This is a good exercise because you can get all your ideas on paper without criticizing too much about what your writing.

I believe that free write can make you a stronger writer because you can pick and choose what you want to write about, from your free write paper. Not only that, but it gives you a chance to see what you didn't write.
With free write you generally pick out what the main points are and what is important to you. This can make you a more diverse and stronger writer.

My English Teacher in High School made us free write once a week. I was surprised and valued what she was teaching us. I not only use free write in class but in life. I free write at work all the time. Its just like taking notes. It helps me remember all the important little things I have to do.

1 comment:

  1. hi, i feel the same way. i think that free writes are a very important tool for any writer to strengthen there skills. i also had a teacher in High school who did free writes every class. i am so thankful to him for giving us the chance to practice free writing.

    ReplyDelete