Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Johnson's Blah

My name is Vyrack Johnson Au, but you can call me Johnson. I was born and raised in Santa Rosa. I'm 26 years young. I feel like I am in a good place in my life. I am engaged. Just bought a house and a German shepherd named Tango. Tango seems to like the house so much she chews on everything.

Up until last year, work was unstable. I am a Journeyman Carpenter, but since the economy went under. Work for tradesman is unreliable. I was laid off 4 times with 4 different companies that went bankrupt.
So I decided to get out of the trades and a friend of mine offered me a job with a company called DSI( Deposition Science Inc.)  DSI does thin film coating. For me to explain what we do can be complicated and could possibly Jeopardise my future there. The easiest way I can explain what we do is, if you ever look at reading glasses some have a coating Called UV or AR. Our company can do that. but on a larger scale and endless possibilities.

The good news is DSI is putting me through school. The bad news is, its allot of schooling and its for  Physics. That means a lot of math! I have good mentors at DSI and I'm not the only one in the company that is going back to school. I am working on my Associates degree, Than hoping to transfer to SSU.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Johnson,

    Welcome to our class! There's finally some good news about the economy; you have a good job and you're back in school.

    My dad's a Journeyman Carpenter, and he's also had to find other work.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johnson,

    Well, sorry to disappoint you but no, I'm not brazilian. My dad likes to think of us as being "parachutes", since our family is spread all over the globe. His dad was Spanish, his mom was from Texas and he end up being born in Jalisco, Mexico, just like myself. I've even been asked, many times, if I'm Asian but I think I got that from my mom's side.

    Changing subjects, it is good to hear that you've being given an opportunity to go back to school and change careers. My godfather was a Journeyman Carpenter as well. He hurt his back about 10 year ago and he was force to change careers now he's an Engeneer. You always have to think possitive, since there might be good outcome out of every misfortune... I don't know who said that but I'm sure that is one wise man. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Johnson,
    Wow seems like you've been through alot. Congrats on your engagement, i know it can be challengeing at times. Math is one of my favorite subjects, i find that its not as hard, when you have a teacher really explaining the materials to you. Sounds like your do just fine in this class. Good luck
    Myra A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Johnson,
    Welcome to the class and hope you enjoy it. It's great that you got a job after going through all those laid offs. I might be in the same position as you were. But everything happens for a reason. I love doing math before English that's why I saved it for last. Well good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey johnson, I'm Cody and its nice to meet you. Seems like life is looking pretty good for you these days. Congrats on the new house, dog, and engagement. Life is taking a very exciting new turn for you, and hey being forced to get a degree is something you'll be so thankful for in the future. And your education is being paid for??? Wow, thats great. I think your job sounds fascinating and seems to be giving you some nice benefits. Good luck man, and enjoy this new beginning of your life! Sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete